Delivery release TIA Portal V16
TIA Portal V16 offers a large variety of new functions for existing products
- SIMATIC STEP 7 V16 109771628
- SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety V16 109772968
- SIMATIC WinCC V16 109771219
- SIMATIC WinCC Unified V16 109771777
- SINAMICS Startdrive V16 109771709
- SINAMICS DCC V16 109771774
- SIMOTION SCOUT TIA V5.4 SP1 (current information: 109776277)
- SIMOCODE ES V16 (planned for February 2020)
- Soft Starter ES V16 (planned for May 2020)
An overview of the new functions is available here: TIA Portal V16 new functions (5,9 MB)
Overview of products and options in TIA Portal V16
TIA project server (formerly Multiuser Server)
TIA Portal V16 enables you to work conveniently with the TIA project server.
You can use the functionality of the project server to work with multi-user engineering, multi-user commissioning, and now exclusive engineering.
Advantages of using the project server:
- Central storage of projects in the network
- Secure communication over https
- Central user and access management, e.g. via Windows Domain
- Use of project revisions for: Intermediate backups, archiving of project milestones and rollback of project revisions
- Change log for the synchronized objects
- Automated execution of tasks with scripts
In TIA Portal as of V16, you have the option to work with Exclusive Engineering. Working with Exclusive Engineering has the advantage that you work in an exclusive local session and the TIA Portal project server becomes the central data storage for your projects.
The project server is exclusively reserved for you and locked for other users as long as you work in your exclusive local session. A new revision of the server project is created as soon as you have transferred your changes to the server project.
If required, you can also roll back to the individual revisions and thus restore an older working version. Consequently, the project history is therefore available to you at all times.
TIA Portal Version Control Interface
The Version Control Interface (VCI) enables the connection and use of any versioning system e.g. VCI, GIT together with TIA Portal.
VCI offers the export or import of all program components, such as blocks, user data types, etc. from the TIA project and displays the current comparison status at the object.
In addition, interfaces are available:
- for connecting connect external comparison tools, such as “Beyond Compare”
- for calling self-created scripts to control the versioning system used from TIA Portal
TIA Portal Openness
You can use the API interface of WinCC and STEP 7 in TIA Portal to integrate TIA Portal in your development environment and automate your engineering tasks. Write your own applications with external development environments, for example, a code generator for HMI screens and PLC blocks.
The following new functions are available with TIA Portal Openness V16:
- Provision of several API versions
Because the Openness DLLs of V14 SP1, V15, V15.1 and V16 are included in the scope of delivery, applications based on V14 SP1, V15 or V15.1 run without modification also with V16. To use the functions of V16, you must integrate the DLL of V16 and re-compile the application.
- Reading out checksums of a PLC S7-1500 and S7-1200.
Checksums can be read out for the following data: Hardware, connection, routing, certificates, text lists, download, fail-safe program, change counter
- Extension of the support for the configuration of assemblies and modules
Configuration of the S7-1500 PLCs and ET200SP modules such as: OPC UA server configuration and user management, certificate management, web server configuration and user management, monitoring tables for web server and display
- Export and import of technology objects
TIA Portal Add-Ins
TIA Portal Language Packs
In TIA Portal as of V16 the following user interface languages are also centrally available (STEP 7, WinCC): Japanese, Korean, Russian. Provision of language packs via the TIA Administrator, such as updates or support packages, is also available.
TIA Portal Support Gateway
The TIA Portal Support Gateway is the integrated connection of the Siemens Industry Online Support pages to TIA Portal. The Support Gateway includes the following functions: forum search, product search, generation of support request file.
TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering
TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering allows several users to work on the same project simultaneously. This results in a significant reduction in configuration times, and projects can be commissioned faster.
With TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering V16, an extended commissioning mode is available for shared commissioning:
- Synchronous commissioning mode (since V15.1)
- Downloading is performed synchronously with configuration. Maximum synchronism of the data between local session, server project and PLC.
- Asynchronous commissioning mode (new with V16)
- In asynchronous commissioning, the data is downloaded to the device by a second TIA Portal instance in the background.
- This significantly reduces load times.
- The TIA Portal instance running in the foreground can be operated again immediately.
- Feedback to the user if actions or decisions on downloading to the device are necessary.
TIA Portal Teamcenter Gateway
The Teamcenter Gateway enables you to save and manage TIA Portal projects and global libraries in Teamcenter. Operator control is integrated into TIA Portal.
TIA Portal Cloud ConnectorThe TIA Portal Cloud Connector provides access to local PC interfaces and connected SIMATIC hardware in TIA Portal Engineering while the engineering itself is performed via Remote Desktop in a private cloud.
TIA User Management Component
TIA User Management Component (UMC) provides the possibility of global user administration. This means that users and user groups can be defined and managed across projects. Users and user groups can also be applied from a Microsoft Active Directory.
SIMATIC Energy Suite 109772908
As an integrated option for TIA Portal, SIMATIC Energy Suite directly links energy management and automation for the first time, thus creating energy transparency in the production system. In addition, simplified programming of energy-measuring components significantly reduces the configuration workload.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC Energy Suite V16:
- Intelligent load management
- Avoidance of expensive peak loads and optimization of the energy supply through priority-based switching on/off of consumers and producers
- PLC-based load management – offers considerably higher flexibility and availability as a pure PC-based solution
- Intuitive and simplified engineering of the actuators (consumers and producers) with automatic generation of the S7 program
- Screens included in scope of delivery (for WinCC Professional)
- Generation of screens with SiVArc
- Significant reduction of engineering workload thanks to automatic screen generation for all energy objects (energy measurement and load management)
- No SiVArc license is required to generate the Energy Suite screen
- Performance and usability enhancements
- Reduced PLC cycle times thanks to optimized PLC code (up to 40% quicker program processing compared to previous version)
- Improved engineering due to minor usability optimizations
SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced
With SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced, virtual controllers for simulating S7-1500 and ET 200SP controllers can be created and used for extensive simulation of functions.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced V3.0:
- Simulation of applications that were created with the ODK 1500S development package without the need for changes to be made to the STEP 7 program and the hardware configuration in the TIA Portal project.
- Simulation of CPU 1518(F)-4 PN/DP MFP & CPU 1518(F)-4 PN/DP ODK and their ODK functionality
- Extension of API functionality:
- RunAutodiscover(): Browsing for distributed runtimes in the network. This improves the applicability in complex test scenarios.
- CleanupStoragePath(): Deletion of virtual memory cards (local and remote)
SIMATIC Target 1500S for Simulink (planned for January 2020)
Target 1500S is an add-on for Simulink from MathWorks. It enables the integration of Simulink models directly in the program cycle of an S7-1500 PLC that supports ODK.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC Target 1500S V4.0:
- Significantly improved TIA Portal integration:
Automatic configuration of the external mode based on CPU HW config from TIA Portal project
Automatic integration of block calls into the user program
Display of Stateflow models (incl. the current state) on the CPU web server
SIMATIC Visualization Architect
The SIMATIC Visualization Architect (SiVArc) enables simple, fast, flexible and automated creation of HMI contents based on the STEP 7 user program.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC Visualization Architect V16:
- Screen events can be used by SiVArc
- Generation of HMI screens based on the PROFINET devices that are configured in the hardware configuration.
- Creation and modification of rules via TIA Portal Openness
- Generation of the HMI screens for energy data of the Energy Suite
- Template screens and pop-up screens can be used in the Generation Matrix
- SiVArc is now able to retain the manual changes to previously selected properties of a faceplate for subsequent generations
SIMATIC Safe Kinematics
With SIMATIC Safe Kinematics, the movement of kinematics in the space can be safely monitored. The speed of specific points on the kinematics, such as the Tool Center Point (TCP), as well as work and protection zones can be monitored safely.
The release of version V2.0 based on TIA Portal V16 is planned for May 2020. In addition to the functional scope of version V1.0, support for further kinematics and monitoring functions is planned. The release of additional controllers is also planned. We will provide timely information on the concrete scope of functions in a separate product announcement.
Targeted and easy-to-configure machine and plant diagnostics for SIMATIC S7-1500 and SIMATIC HMI.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC ProDiag:
- Hierarchical comments of the symbols are displayed in the PLC Code Viewer
- With Slice access of the PLC, the values are displayed in the PLC Code Viewer
- Interruptions of the connection between the server and client are displayed in the controls PLC Code Viewer, Graph Overview and ProDiag Overview
SIMATIC Energy Suite S7-1500 109772908
SIMATIC Energy Suite Engineering comes with 10 energy objects. Additional energy objects can be added with runtime packages.
SIMATIC OPC UA S7-1500 & S7-1200
The OPC UA option enables the simple connection of any third-party devices to the S7-1500 and S7-1200 via the OPC UA server integrated in the S7-1500 and S7-1200 CPUs.
The following new functions are available with SIMATIC OPC UA with TIA Portal V16, S7-1500 (as of firmware V2.8) and S7-1200 (as of firmware V4.4):
- As of firmware V4.4, the OPC UA server is also available on the S7-1200. The following functions are supported:
- Browsing of CPU data
- Asynchronous reading and writing of CPU data
- Subscriptions – load reduction for HMI/monitoring applications
- Companion specification
- OPC UA server restart with S7-1500 only for OPC UA relevant changes
- More extensive diagnostic options through additional diagnostics buffer entries and OPC UA diagnostics in TIA Portal
- Server Interfaces or Companion Specs can now also be modeled in TIA Portal
WinCC/WebUX for WinCC Professional enables plant processes to be monitored and, if required, controlled over the Internet or intranet by means of mobile end devices. The software provides a visualization solution suitable for HTML5 and browsers that support SVG regardless of the operating system – without any engineering work.
The products with article numbers (order numbers) are listed in the attached files.
- TIA Portal Engineering options: Tia_Portal_V16_orderlist.xlsx (21,1 KB)
- TIA Portal – An overview of the most important documents and links: 65601780
You can find trial versions for downloading and testing of the several TIA Portal products in the following entries:
- SIMATIC STEP 7 (inkl. PLCSIM) / STEP 7 Safety V16 / WinCC V16 109772803
- SIMATIC WinCC V16 Runtimes 109772878
- SINAMICS Startdrive V16 109771710
- SINAMICS DCC V16 109771775
- SIMATIC Energy Suite V16 109773129
- SIMATIC PLCSIM Advanced V3.0 109772889
- SIMATIC Target 1500S V4.0 109772888 (planned for January 2020)
- SIMATIC Visualization Architect V16 109772966